Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! And what a week it has been: Facebook starts hiding like counts, launched a massive multiplayer VR world and pulled the plug on Group Stories!
Facebook showed it really means business when it comes to VR. Facebook Horizon will be the largest ever multiplayer VR world and a sandbox for all developers to create experiences and games.
On the other side, Facebook is also good at analyzing user feedback and, this week, this resulted in two major news: Group Stories are no more. The feature never really caught on and Facebook decided to pull the plug. But the biggest news is that the company has officially started hiding like counts on some posts…. What will this test show? And will it really be the end of social “vanity”?
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Facebook Begins Hiding Like Counts On Posts
- Facebook Announces Horizon, A Massive Multiplayer VR World
- Kik To Shut Down Its App And Concentrate On Its Kin Cryptocurrency
- Facebook Is Pulling The Plug On Group Stories
- Gmail Gets Its Own Dark Theme On Android And iOS
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.