Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! Instagram is testing removing post likes in more countries, Google is trying social media again and Twitter still does not have an edit button.
This is going to be fun. Not for influencers, or pseudo-influential Instagramers, but for us watching.
Instagram is testing removing post likes in 6 more countries, bringing the ‘threat’ of a vanity-led social media world to an end. While most of us will smile at this headline, the reality is, all of our social media lives have been led by our urge to get one more like.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Google Is Testing ‘Shoelace,’ A New Social Networking App
- Instagram Starts Removing Post Like Counts In 6 More Countries
- The 25 Most Influential People On The Internet In 2019
- Facebook Now Shows You More Reasons Why You’re Seeing An Ad
- Twitter’s New Redesign Doesn’t Include An ‘Edit’ Button
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.