Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! Lions made of stock, crowded buses and a new stop-motion feature on Instagram. What caught your attention this week?
This week could have been all about the amazing new stop-motion feature that is coming to Instagram Stories. It could also have been about YouTube’s new ‘AR beauty try-on’ feature, or Google Maps which will soon let you know how crowded your commute will be.
But no, this week was about something else. It was about Cannes Lions, and how our industry is on the edge of a major shift. Awards are no longer respectable, and here is why. This week was marked by the story of a Bronze Lion winner campaign. One that was made out of stock images, themselves inspired by a graphic artist who never gave his consent… Yes, that’s where the advertising industry is at today…
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- A Campaign Made Out Of Stock Images Just Won A Cannes Lion
- Google My Business Gets Some Very Useful New Features
- Instagram Is Working On A ‘Stop Motion’ Camera Mode For Stories
- YouTube’s ‘AR Beauty Try-On’ Feature Lets You Virtually Try On Makeup
- Google Maps Will Know How Crowded Your Bus Or Train Will Be
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.