Welcome to this week’s top social media news! IGTV goes horizontal, IKEA gets a new logo and LinkedIn starts showing all ads run by your competitors.
IGTV was launched with the promise of being the first long-form video platform dedicated to vertical. Well, a little over a year later, Instagram is introducing a landscape mode. So long big dreams of transforming the industry, and welcome to normality.
LinkedIn made a move for more transparency this week. Following the model started by Facebook a few months ago, the company is now letting you see all the ads ran by your competitors for the last six months.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Instagram Introduces A Landscape Mode For IGTV
- Facebook Is Testing A New Layout For The Stories Composer
- IKEA Is Getting A New And More Video-Friendly Logo
- Instagram Brings Stories To The Explore Tab
- LinkedIn Now Shows You All Ads That Have Run For The Last Six Months
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.