Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! Following F8, Facebook is of course making most of the headlines this week: new Messenger, new Layout, new mission. Yes, in case you did not hear, “The Future is private.”
At F8, Mark Zuckerberg set the tone. Everything the company will be working on in the next few years will focus on bringing privacy back to the platform. However, my biggest outtake of F8 is different: I never heard anyone talk about ads…
Yet, one of this week’s new features directly contradicts the new privacy concerns: lead generation templates for Messenger. So worry not, Facebook is still going to be one of the most effective marketing platforms out there. The future is private, but it still has to generate revenue.
Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Facebook Is Launching A New Instagram Dashboard In Creator Studio
- Facebook Is Adding Messenger Lead Generation Templates To Ads Manager
- The Future Is Private: 5 Key Takeaways From The F8 Keynote
- Facebook Announces A Messenger Desktop App
- Shopify Announces Native Integration With Facebook Dynamic Ads And Snapchat Story Ads
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.