Welcome to this week’s top social media stories! Instagram tests a new ‘Pinterest’ feature, Facebook introduces Showcase and Google rolls out new features for display ads.
The future of social media may well be one big standardized platform. Every week, platforms add on features from other platforms. And it is starting to be quite confusing sometimes. Just this week, Instagram announced that Collections may soon become public. Yes, as if Instagram was now also a little bit of your mobile Pinterest…
Thankfully, we still have Facebook. Together with Snapchat, the company is still one of the few that leads innovation in social media. This week, the platform introduced ‘Showcase’ a new premium video ad program, showing once again that it intends to become the new TV for both users and advertisers.
Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Instagram May Soon Allow You To Make Your Collections Public
- Facebook Introduces ‘Showcase,’ A New Premium Video Ad Program
- Google Introduces Three New Features For Responsive Display Ads
- Slack Has Updated Its Logo Again… And It’s Not Getting Better
- Nike Redefines What It Means To Call A Woman Crazy
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap.