Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. YouTube upsets its core followers, Facebook Audience Network joins Google’s open bidding program and Twitter is officially bringing back the chronological timeline
YouTube has created a bunch of “monsters” and can no longer control them. So when the largest online video platform leaves its top creators out of the 2018 rewind, it quickly becomes the most disliked video on the platform ever… Time to assume your reality, YouTube.
We will choose to focus on more useful news however. Twitter has finally brought back its chronological timeline. Thanks to the new “sparkle” button, you are now free to switch between an algorithmic and a chronological timeline.
Oh, and thanks to Kanye, Burger King now has the most liked branded tweet of all time. We’re loving it.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- YouTube Rewind 2018 Is The Platform’s Most-Disliked Video Ever
- Burger King’s Kanye Tweet Becomes The Most ‘Liked’ Branded Tweet Of All Time
- Facebook Audience Network Joins Google’s Open Bidding Program
- Wannabes Are Faking Sponsored Content On Instagram
- Twitter Brings Back The Chronological Timeline With A Sparkle
Don’t miss the latest episode of our weekly podcast, with Twitch creator, Art Vega and his interesting take on Twitch – with… puppets!
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!