Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. Instagram is hitting hard on fake likes and followers, Snapr pays you to create content for brands and Snapchat launches its Lens creative partners program.
If there is one thing that really impacts negatively the entire influencer industry, it has to be the amount of fake likes and followers one can come across. Well, Instagram has started cracking down on fake and it will certainly change the way brands perceive influencers and the real impact they can have.
Speaking about influencers and their relation to brands, a new app, called Snapr, wants to reinvent the relationship brands can have with content creators so that everybody wins: brands get better content, and content creators can be remunerated, based on the content they create and not their number of followers.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Instagram Is Cracking Down On Fake Likes And Followers
- How To Get Paid To Create Content For Your Favorite Brands
- Instagram Introduces Three New Ways To Shop On Its Platform
- This Gadget Transforms Your Apple Watch In A Retro Looking iPod
- Snapchat Announces The Launch Of Its Lens Creative Partners Program
Don’t miss the new episode of our weekly podcast, with Cyrene Quiamco, Snapchat superstar, influencer, storyteller and brilliant artist.
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!