Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. Facebook’s marketplace is getting smarter, our feeds are filling up with 3D photos and Instagram finally launched Nametags!
Facebook stole all of the headlines this week, releasing new tools and features for everyone: a new AI tool for Marketplace, 3D photos for everyone in the News Feed and a new effectiveness measurement tool for marketers. Big week!
And then Instagram finally rolled out its new scannable codes to make it easier to discover and connect with new accounts. Nametags are new but already have many people pondering on the need for yet another “scannable” that no-one will use…
Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Facebook Marketplace Gets Smarter With AI Tools
- Facebook Unveils 3D Pictures In News Feed
- Facebook Creative Compass Is A New Effectiveness Tool For Marketing Partners
- Instagram Launches New Scannable Nametag Feature
- This Font Was Scientifically Designed To Help You Learn Better
Can Instagram succeed where Facebook could not? Nametags are a new way to discover and connect with more accounts on Instagram: scan it and follow. You can even customize your own with colored backgrounds, Emojis and even selfies!
Posted by We are Social Media on Monday, October 8, 2018
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!