Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. WhatsApp took care of its iOS users, Facebook Canvas is dead, YouTube launched vertical video ads and Instagram plays with Superzooms.
Usually news about WhatsApp do not make much noise. This time, however, the world was fascinated (it seems) by the news. My guess is that people got excited about the new suspicious link detection feature.
Talking about new features, YouTube finally launched a new vertical video ad format. It was about time, right? And Facebook is adding multiple new functionalities to its Facebook Canvas product, which is now called “instant experience.”
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- WhatsApp Rolls Out iOS Update Introducing New Features
- Facebook Canvas Is Now ‘Instant Experience’
- Watch How Nike’s Kaepernick Ad Exposed A Generational Gap
- YouTube To Launch Vertical Video Ads
- Instagram Brings New Superzoom Variations To Stories
Check out our latest PODCAST! This week’s guest is Creative Strategy Director, Alex Clough.
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!