Welcome to this week’s top social media stories, and a what a week it has been. Snapchat introduced ‘Bounce’, Facebook launched Creator Studio, Instagram is building a shopping app and WhatsApp got a major update.
When four major platforms all have major updates, that is what you call a busy week for us marketers. It started with Snapchat and the launch of ‘Bounce’, its own version of Instagram’s Boomerang. The funniest fact about this, is that Snapchat has now started copying Instagram, and not the other way around.
That being said, Facebook was pretty busy across its ecosystem too: WhatsApp rolled out a major update for iOS, Instagram is building a standalone shopping app and Facebook itself launched Creator studio.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- WhatsApp Rolls Out iOS Update Introducing New Features
- Snapchat Launches ‘Bounce’, Its Own Version Of Instagram’s ‘Boomerang’
- Facebook Launches Creator Studio To Help Creators Manage Their Pages And Content
- Instagram Is Building A New Shopping App
- This Is How The Most Emblematic Internet Logos Could Have Looked In The 80s
Check out our new PODCAST! This week’s guest is Creative Strategy Director, Alex Clough.
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!