Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. Instagram has added a simple verification request within its app, Twitter invites you to unfollow people (yes, you read that right) and IKEA may launch a $10 smart plug.
You have been dreaming about it: Instagram is finally bringing clarification to its profile verification process. Even better, the company has now added a verification request form within the app itself. But don’t get too excited, you will still have to prove worthy of that blue tick to get it.
This week’s weird news came from Twitter. The app has actually started recommending users you should unfollow. Although it could seem counter productive at first, this new approach is part of Twitter’s new strategy to make conversations more meaningful. Like, if you never interact with someone, why continue to follow them? Right?
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- At Last: Here’s How You Can Verify Your Instagram Profile
- IKEA Could Release A $10 Smart Plug This October
- Twitter Has Started Suggesting Accounts You Should Unfollow
- Here’s How To Stand Out On Instagram With Creative Content
- How To Find Out More About Your Target Audience
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!