Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. No major platform announcements this week, but we had a lot to talk about: OOO emails, Instagram was hacked, Facebook fundraisers have been a blazing success and Greenpeace had one of its most successful digital campaigns yet.
We always talk about social media and the future of marketing. Yet, we often forget to talk about the power of email marketing. This week we even discovered a new marketing opportunity: OOO emails, thanks to Ryan Reynolds and Aviation Gin.
But this week was also a celebration of creativity for a cause. Greenpeace had one of its biggest digital success so far, with the story of Rang-Tan. Watch it, I can guarantee you will not be the same after. And you may finally get over your Nutella addiction too.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Ryan Reynolds Has A Special Marketing Skill: Snarky OOO Emails
- Locked Out Of Your Instagram Account? Here’s What You Need To Do
- Brand Truth: When Logos Are Replaced By Their Calorie Count
- People Have Raised More Than $300M Through Facebook Birthday Fundraisers
- Greenpeace Hits A Nerve With The Story Of Rang-Tan
Check out our 12 Questions Podcast! We talked to David Arnoux, Head of Growth and Co-Founder of Growth Tribe, Europe’s first growth hacking academy!
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!