Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. Facebook entered the Chinese market for… 24 hours before it was banned again, Snapchat partners with Nielsen and Instagram started telling you when your friends are online.
It could almost be a funny story. After 9 years, Facebook seemed to have finally broken the code and obtain a license to open its first subsidiary in China. Except that, 24 hours later, it got banned again…
And that was not the only bad news for Facebook this week. After announcing disappointing quarterly results, the company lost over $100 billion in market capitalization. That has got to hurt, right?
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Facebook Opens Its First Subsidiary In China…Aaaaand It’s Gone!
- Snapchat Partners With Nielsen To Bring Deeper Audience Targeting Capabilities
- How Facebook Lost Over $100 Billion In One Day
- Instagram Will Now Be Telling You When Your Friends Are Online To DM
- How Facebook Ads Really Work: The Ballad Of The $80 Purple Butt Pillow
Check out our 12 Questions Podcast!his week we had the pleasure of chatting with yet another brilliant digital veteran – Co-Founder of Agency:2 and COO of one of Europe’s fastest-growing social ad-tech companies… Mighty Social! Welcome Sharon Baker!
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!