Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. The big story is probably not the one you expected: Google is reshuffling its entire ad offering starting July 10th.
It’s a revolution. It was much needed. On July 10th, Google will launch its new advertising ecosystem. Things have changed a lot since Adwords was launched 18 years ago, and Google had to evolve to stay relevant. So forget Google Adwords and DoubleClick, and get ready for Google Ads.
On the Facebook side, this week saw the launch of the company’s first ever print magazine (!) and the rollout of a new grid view for your profile that makes it look (a lot) like Instagram. There are also reports that a “You Time (spent) On Facebook” could be coming soon.
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Facebook Is Also Working On A “Your Time On Facebook” Feature
- Google Will Launch Its New Advertising Ecosystem In July
- Facebook Is Launching A Print Magazine For Business Leaders
- Facebook Is Rolling Out A New Grid View For Profiles
- Instagram Has Officially Launched 4-Way Group Video Chats
This week’s podcast guest was Joel Davis. He started his career as a digital advertising manager at Virgin Media, followed by a move to British Airways where he grew online sales, through to MRM Worldwide (McCann) as a senior digital planner.
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!