Welcome to this week’s top social media stories. Facebook is cracking down on Instagram Pods, but made it easier to use organic Instagram posts as ads. The company also announced it took down over 1.3 billion fake accounts in the last 6 months!
Instagram is not for you to play with, not so much anymore. In fact, Facebook is not very happy with the way its users try to game the system and the days of Instagram Pods are soon to be over. However, Facebook is keen to make some money with Instagram and it just made it easier than ever to transform any existing organic post into… ads.
And while we are at it, Facebook also announced this week that it has taken down over 1.3 billion fake profiles over the last 6 months. Of course, most of them were automatically shut down within minutes of being created thanks to Facebook’ AI. But still, 1.3 billion is a lot of fake accounts, right?
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- Existing Instagram Organic Posts Can Now Be Turned Into Ads
- Page History Brings Even More Transparency To Facebook
- Burger King Turns To Fans To Create The InstaWhopper
- Facebook Is Cracking Down On Instagram Pods
- Facebook Took Down 1.3 Billion Fake Accounts In The Last Six Months
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!