Welcome to this week’s top social media stories: China is making “social credit” a reality, Instagram and Facebook take care of retailers and you can now add links to other accounts in your Instagram bio!
No, the Facebook and Cambridge Analytica story is not the one that disturbed us the most this week. In China, the government is prepping up to officially launch its social credit system. Remember this episode in Black Mirror? Yes, that one.
Platform-wise, it was all about retail this week. Instagram launched its shopping feature in 8 more countries after a year of successes in the U.S. and Facebook has added new ways to drive sales thanks to its advertising platform.
The GOOD news of the week, however, came from Instagram. The platform now lets us add links to other accounts and hashtags in our bio! It’s not yet the perfect solution (we want links in organic posts) but it’s a massive step in the right direction!
Want more? Here are the top 5 most talked about stories this week:
- China Is Making Black Mirror’s “Social Credit” A Reality
- It’s Time To Edit Your Instagram Bio! Accounts And Hashtags Are Now Clickable
- Instagram Shopping Is Now Available In 8 More Countries
- Facebook Introduces Three New Ways For Retailers To Drive Sales
- Warning: Seeking Instagram Stardom Can Leave You Badly In Debt
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media recap. Enjoy the week ahead!