Since your brand or business is on Social Media, it is very likely you will have to deal with negative comments at some point. These will require to be dealt with so that they do not transform into something bigger and so that you will not have to deal with a proper PR crisis.
So, keep calm, take a step back, sit down (whichever works best for you), because we have the step-by-step guide for you to deal with all kinds of negative feedback on your social media profiles.
It happens all the time. And if it has not happen to you yet, it probably will soon. Negative comments are part of being on social media. They range from the small and unimportant, sometimes irrelevant, comment to larger issues that could considerably damage your brand’s reputation.
But the best part of all this is that when marketers are well prepared, it takes no time and almost no efforts to deal with negative comment in the best of ways.
Simon Kemp, from We are Social Singapore has prepared this very enlightening and informative slideshare to explain what to do. His approach can be remembered with 3 “A”:
- – Alert– identify potential issues as early as possible
- – Assess – determine the severity and importance of the issue
- – Act – manage the issue efficiently and effectively
Before you jump into reading Simon’s presentation, let us take through a few important stats we thought deserved to be put forward:
- – 89% of consumers have stopped using a brand because of bad service
- – Questions on brand pages have increased by 85%
- – It’s 7 times cheaper to keep a customer than to gain a new one
Keep this guide handy and you will see that when it comes to dealing with negative comments on social media the best policy is simply to be prepared!
- How To Use Content Effectively For Your Business
- [Infographic] The Seven Deadly Sins of Social Media
- James Blunt and the Art of Tweet-Attack Deflection
More from Experts Talk
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to customise the appearance of your Facebook Dynamic Ads with the use of …