If you want to get started with Instagram Stories Ads – but just don’t know how – this is your chance to find out. Here is the complete beginner’s guide to Instagram Stories Ads.
Instagram Stories have become one of the most popular features on social media, with over 400 million people out there using the format every day.
They have also proven to be a very engaging way for businesses to engage with audiences. After all, it’s businesses that are producing 1/3 of the most viewed stories.
So, what’s an Instagram Stories ad? In short, it’s a full-screen and vertical immersive format that appears between people’s Stories. They differ from people’s stories though, as they can last longer than 24 hours and appear on feeds for the duration of your campaign (i.e. two weeks).
Also, Stories Ads are limited to showing only 15 seconds at a time, which gets people’s full attention while they view it. They have four elements:
- Progression bar
- Clickable profile photo – this takes you back to the creator’s Instagram profile.
- An area to Swipe or Tap back and forth – if you want to watch something again.
- Tap and hold to pause – just like the label says. Tap and hold.
Creating A Stories Ad
You can still create a Stories Ad whether you have an Instagram account or not.
If you don’t have an Instagram account, you can always start one. In any case, you will not require an Instagram account to continue. If you’re going to run Stories ads without one, you’ll just skip the step where you choose one in the Identity section during the ad creation process.
Ad Creation Process
- Go to Ads Manager
- Choose an objective – Stories ads are available in Reach, Brand Awareness, Traffic, App Installs, Lead Generation, Video Views, Conversions objectives.
- Choose your audience.
- Make sure that Stories is selected as a Placement.
- Set your budget – If you don’t know how, you can learn here.
- Choose Instagram username in the drop-down menu or leave it as it is.
- Choose the format you would like to use – You can upload one or use media from various sources including Instagram.
- Review and Confirm. Done.
- Use features to make content more engaging. Create fun videos with Boomerang and other creative tools available at the bottom of your screen.
- Your brand or logo should appear within the first 3 seconds of your ad. This way you reinforce your brand straight away before people stop watching.
- Enhance your story with sound. Music, dialogue… sound effects.
Light’s, camera, action! You can find out more by clicking here.
More from Instagram
Kim Kardashian has won $2.8M from the fast fashion company Missguided in a lawsuit claiming the company used her "person …
Instagram's new sticker lets you invite your followers to a new group chat and select who can join in.