More than ever Youtube has become a very important platform for advertisers to measure the impact of videos ads. TV is not enough anymore to guarantee the success of a campaign. Youtube is becoming the number 1 source of referral traffic on the web and can make or kill the success of any video ad.
Below are the top 10 ads of 2013, based on the number of shares as opposed to the number of views.
1. Dove: Beauty Sketches (4.24 million shares)
2. GEICO: Hump Day (4.03 million shares)
3. Evian: Baby & Me (3.34 million shares)
4. Kmart: Ship My Pants (3.05 million shares)
5. Cornetto: Yalin (2.91 million shares)
6. Budweiser: Brotherhood (2.7 million shares)
7. Pepsi Max: Test Drive (2.69 million shares)
8. MGM/Carrie: Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise (2.17 million shares)
9. Ram Trucks: Farmer (1.88 million shares)
10. Volvo: The Epic Split (1.82 million shares) – [but the most recent one]
About the research: The rankings were based on the number of shares on Twitter, Facebook, and the blogs as opposed to the number of views. The analysis did not include movie or TV trailers. Data was collected from January 1, 2013 to November 18, 2013.
This story was first published on MarketingProfs
- Visual Web – The Next Big Thing
- 10 Ways to Get More Followers on Twitter
- YouTube & Netflix Account for 50% of US internet Traffic
You might also like
More from Youtube
David Blaine announced Ascension, his first major stunt in a decade; an online-only event to take place exclusively on his …
TheirTube is a YouTube filter bubble simulator showing you the videos that are recommended on six different personas' accounts.
YouTube has announced a new Analytics for Artists dashboard that shows the performance of music on Offical Artist Channels.
YouTube has announced it's evolving its FameBit platform to YouTube BrandConnect, making it easier for creators and brands can collaborate.
Google has announced a series of tools in Display & Video 360 that make it easier for media buyers to …
CEO Susan Wojcicki announced YouTube is creating a multiyear $100 million fund to amplify and develop the voices of Black …
YouTube was once launched as a video-dating website. Thankfully, that didn't work out and it soon became the world's leading …