The FIFA World Cup is one of the most talked about event on Social Media. Since the London Olympics 2 years ago, Social Media have really taken their place when it comes to interacting online with other sports fans.
This year’s FIFA World Cup is already a big deal and the main social media platforms are doing everything they to grab users attention.
Also Read: How To Follow the FIFA World Cup on Facebook
Earlier this week, Twitter had already announced it was reactivating #hashflags, this cool little feature that prints out the flag of a country when adding the corresponding hashtag – e.g. #FRA for France, #BRA for Brazil, #GRE for Greece.
— Geoff (@GeoffDesreumaux) June 15, 2014
Now Twitter goes even beyond and invites you to show even more your support for your favorite team. Twitter will ask you to choose your side – i.e. select the team you support – and then offer different ways you can show your support:
- – Twitter will let you choose a profile and header pic that shows to everyone who you support
- – You will be shown a list of all Twitter accounts you should follow: players, Football associations, TV and reporters, …
- – Finally, Twitter will invite you to tweet your support away.
If you are using Twitter on your mobile device, you will automatically get an invite to do so next time you visit your timeline. If you are using the web version, you can immediately go choose your side.
So what team will you support?
- The Ultimate Guide to Photo Sharing on Twitter
- The State of Twitter in 2014 [infographic]
- Learn How To Craft Better Tweets With Twitter Counter
You might also like
More from Twitter
Twitter is making its reply-limiting feature available to all users. It gives you complete control over who can reply to …
Twitter seems to be working on a new subscription platform, according to a job opening posted on the company's corporate …
For Juneteenth, Twitter turned several real tweets into billboards that were advertised in cities that play an important part in …