The FIFA World Cup is one of the most talked about event on Social Media. Since the London Olympics 2 years ago, Social Media have really taken their place when it comes to interacting online with other sports fans.
This year’s FIFA World Cup is already a big deal and the main social media platforms are doing everything they to grab users attention.
Also Read: How To Follow the FIFA World Cup on Facebook
Earlier this week, Twitter had already announced it was reactivating #hashflags, this cool little feature that prints out the flag of a country when adding the corresponding hashtag – e.g. #FRA for France, #BRA for Brazil, #GRE for Greece.
— Geoff (@GeoffDesreumaux) June 15, 2014
Now Twitter goes even beyond and invites you to show even more your support for your favorite team. Twitter will ask you to choose your side – i.e. select the team you support – and then offer different ways you can show your support:
- – Twitter will let you choose a profile and header pic that shows to everyone who you support
- – You will be shown a list of all Twitter accounts you should follow: players, Football associations, TV and reporters, …
- – Finally, Twitter will invite you to tweet your support away.
If you are using Twitter on your mobile device, you will automatically get an invite to do so next time you visit your timeline. If you are using the web version, you can immediately go choose your side.
So what team will you support?
- The Ultimate Guide to Photo Sharing on Twitter
- The State of Twitter in 2014 [infographic]
- Learn How To Craft Better Tweets With Twitter Counter
More from Twitter
As part of its effort to get close to publishers, Twitter has launched Twitter Media, a website for publishers to …
Twitter has made its in-stream video ads product available to advertisers in the US and 11 other global markets through …
Not even a week has passed since GDPR came into force, and it's affecting quite a few Twitter users who …