Shutterstock celebrates 15 years of empowering storytellers with a creative poster series representing iconic moments.
Shutterstock is 15 years old, which makes it older than most platforms its creative assets are used on, today! Crazy, right? To celebrate, Shutterstock’s in-house designers created a poster series that represent major historical events.
The Shutterstock team chose one defining event for each year since its creation back in 2003. Each of the designs was then created using imagery from Shutterstock’s collection of over 200 million images, also highlighting the incredible artwork of Shutterstock’s contributor community:
- 2003 – Mapping of the Human Genome
- 2004 – Launch of Facebook
- 2005 – Angela Merkel elected as Germany’s first female Chancellor
- 2006 – Disney’s acquisition of Pixar
- 2007 – Release of the first iPhone
- 2008 – Barack Obama, first African-American President of the U.S., elected
- 2009 – The oldest skeleton of a human ancestor found
- 2010 – The worst oil spill in U.S. history takes place in the Gulf of Mexico
- 2011 – Game of Thrones premieres on HBO
- 2012 – NASA’s Curiosity rover lands on Mars
- 2013 – Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- 2014 – Germany wins FIFA World Cup in Brazil
- 2015 – Same-sex marriage becomes legal across the U.S.
- 2016 – Pokémon Go shows the possibilities for augmented reality
- 2017 – #MeToo movement goes global
You can see all the posters here – each one is titled with a credit line naming the designer who worked on the piece.
Since its founding in 2003, Shutterstock has marked a number of company milestones, from reaching its first 300,000 images in 2005 (now over 200 million) to surpassing over 1 billion images, video and music licenses sold earlier this year. In that time, the world has also seen historic moments including Angela Merkel becoming the first female chancellor of Germany in 2005 and NASA’s Curiosity rover landing on Mars in 2012.
More from Creative Campaigns
Getting your app downloaded can be a challenge. Here’s how to use Facebook ads to effectively promote and increase your …