Dealing with unhappy customers is the one thing most business are afraid of when they first start being active on social media. It is indeed almost a certainty that you will, at some point, encounter users that will want to complain about your product, your services or your brand.
In fact, ExactTarget has identified 5 types of social media complainers:
- The Meek – no history of complaining, but will act if pushed to the edge
- The Aggressive – readily complains in loud manner, but potentially a great brand advocate if you solve his problem
- The High-Roller – expects the best of the best and will voice his complaint if not satisfied
- The Opportunist – complains only with the hope to gain something he would normally not be entitled to
- The Chronic Complainer – this customer’s life mission is to whine, no matter what
- What Type of Social Media User are You?
- Facebook Marketing – The 12 Do’s and Don’ts
- Meet the Most Influential Instagramers
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.