On-demand Geofilters have been around since earlier this year. Since then, users and brands have been able to create their own Geofilters to engage their audiences more effectively. Now, Snapchat has released a new web tool to help everyone create On-Demand Geofilters extremely easily.
The tool allows users to use customisable templates (weddings, birthdays, and other events) in order to buy and create On-Demand Geofilters easily. There is no need for users to use complex editing software to create theirs anymore.
Here is the process to create On-demand Geofilters:
- Design a Geofilter – make sure it meets the size and other guidelines.
- Create a geofenced area, mapping the area for the Geofilter to be active and how long it will last.
- You can set your Geofilter timer from 30 minutes, to 30 days – in an area from 20,000 square feet to 5 million square feet
- Buy your Geofilter – a few hours and a small geofenced area begin at $5. Prices change according to the size and time for your Geofilter.
- Wait. The review process will take about one business day.
- Use your Geofilter. You will get access to a dashboard that shows total views and total uses of your Geofilter.
With the tool also came an update to Snapchat‘s app. Now, users can customise text and colour and caption options. They now have the ability to change text styling to italic, bold, or underlines. Big captions can also be animated just like emojis (you simply pin them to an object in your video), by pressing and holding to pin them. Users can now also tap their faces once to use a lens instead of having to press and hold. Finally, Public Stories can now be previewed before adding friends. They can be found on the Stories page.
On-Demand Geofilters are great for Snapchat at this point as they provide a source of money for the company. The only income Snapchat has, is from sponsored Geofilters, lenses, or video ads within Discover or Stories. The updates to the app that have rolled out at the same time also improve things on the app somewhat. Snapchat has to start innovating fast. Instagram is hot on its tail in terms of features. As soon as MSQRD is integrated into other Facebook products, Snapchat will start to trail behind.
You might also like
More from Snapchat
Snapchat is introducing new features to let you create an Astrological Profile and see shared Astrological Compatibility with your friends.
Snapchat follower counts are now a reality as the platform turns on the feature for accounts with large followings.
Building on its full-body tracking technology, Snapchat has launched 10 new 3D body scan Lenses, that respond to your movements.
Snapchat is launching "First Person," the first Snap originals series shot on Snapchat Spectacles. Watch the trailer!
After testing for the last few months, Snapchat is rolling out its 'Sounds' feature to all users on iOS devices, …
After announcing Local Lenses at its Partner Summit in June, Snap unveiled the first persistent, collaborative, and shared AR experience …