The new version brings in a set of new creative tools on Instagram with the ability to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth and more.
Also Read:Instagram is the Engagement Champion
When you select a filter in Instagram 6.0, you will now see a wrench icon that will let you access a set of 9 new photo effects and the intensity of its existing filters for you to adjust how much of a filter you want to apply to your photo.
Kevin Systrom, Instagram’s CEO, explained how the new version comes to compete with other photo editing apps:
[quote]These give everyone the power of desktop editing suites and photo apps like Camera+ and Photoshop Express for free, which creates a nice level playing field for the Instagram community.[/quote]
Here are the new features coming on Instagram 6.0:
- – Filter Strength: Tap on a filter to adjust the filter strength.
- – Adjust: crop and straighten your photo at the same time
- – Brightness: makes your photo brighter or darker
- – Contrast: makes the bright areas of your photo brighter, and the dark areas darker
- – Warmth: shifts the colors of your photo towards either warmer orange tones or cooler blue tones
- – Saturation: increases or decreases the color intensity of the image (e.g. red becomes redder)
- – Highlights: adjust the brightness focusing on the bright areas of the image
- – Shadows: adjust the brightness focusing on the dark areas of the image
- – Vignette: darkens the edges of the photo and directs the attention away from the edges towards the center of the photo
- – Sharpen: adds a subtle crispness to your photo and makes photo clearer
Instagram also improved a few existing tools:
- – Straighten
- – Border
- – Blur/Tilt Shift
- – Crop
- – Lux
- – Rotate
- How Many Likes Will Your Next Instagram Get?
- Pictures With Faces Increase Engagement On Instagram
- Brands and Instagram – The Short Video Success Story
You might also like
More from Instagram
Instagram is rolling out a new 'Suggested Posts' feature that adds organic posts from people you don't follow - and …
Instagram QR codes are finally a real thing for all users worldwide, helping both regular users and businesses to connect.
Facebook has started unifying the chat systems for Instagram and Messenger, allowing users from one platform to message users from …
Instagram will start asking users to confirm their identities when it identifies patterns of potential inauthentic behavior.