The new version brings in a set of new creative tools on Instagram with the ability to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth and more.
Also Read:Instagram is the Engagement Champion
When you select a filter in Instagram 6.0, you will now see a wrench icon that will let you access a set of 9 new photo effects and the intensity of its existing filters for you to adjust how much of a filter you want to apply to your photo.
Kevin Systrom, Instagram’s CEO, explained how the new version comes to compete with other photo editing apps:
[quote]These give everyone the power of desktop editing suites and photo apps like Camera+ and Photoshop Express for free, which creates a nice level playing field for the Instagram community.[/quote]
Here are the new features coming on Instagram 6.0:
- – Filter Strength: Tap on a filter to adjust the filter strength.
- – Adjust: crop and straighten your photo at the same time
- – Brightness: makes your photo brighter or darker
- – Contrast: makes the bright areas of your photo brighter, and the dark areas darker
- – Warmth: shifts the colors of your photo towards either warmer orange tones or cooler blue tones
- – Saturation: increases or decreases the color intensity of the image (e.g. red becomes redder)
- – Highlights: adjust the brightness focusing on the bright areas of the image
- – Shadows: adjust the brightness focusing on the dark areas of the image
- – Vignette: darkens the edges of the photo and directs the attention away from the edges towards the center of the photo
- – Sharpen: adds a subtle crispness to your photo and makes photo clearer
Instagram also improved a few existing tools:
- – Straighten
- – Border
- – Blur/Tilt Shift
- – Crop
- – Lux
- – Rotate
- How Many Likes Will Your Next Instagram Get?
- Pictures With Faces Increase Engagement On Instagram
- Brands and Instagram – The Short Video Success Story
More from Instagram
According to reports, Instagram is testing a new "creator account" type with a small group of high profile individuals.