With the expansion of data cellular networks, we observed an emerging phenomenon; Users started to abandon traditional SMS service and turned to instant messaging through the mobile web channel. This surge culminated around the time iPhone was introduced, leading to the expansion of the Instant Messaging with lots (and we mean lots) of apps.
This infographic from Paris-based Social Media Agency KRDS presents us with some cool stats on the top instant message apps around the globe. Some interesting facts:
- 1.48 billion people in China use messaging apps
- 90% of Brazil mobile users communicate via messaging apps
- The Cummulative Loss of mobile operators tops 23 billion dollars!
Also Read: There’s Something About Viber
Have a look (Click to enlarge)
- Facebook’s Updated Messenger is an SMS App Killer
- New Twitter App with Photos in DM and Timelines Swipe
- WhatsApp vs. Facebook vs. Twitter
More from Other Platforms
According to reports, YouTube is testing a new 'Recommended Downloads' feature within the downloads section of its app.
IMDb now has its own streaming service called 'IMDb Freedive.' It's an ad-supported streaming channel offering many films and TV …