With the expansion of data cellular networks, we observed an emerging phenomenon; Users started to abandon traditional SMS service and turned to instant messaging through the mobile web channel. This surge culminated around the time iPhone was introduced, leading to the expansion of the Instant Messaging with lots (and we mean lots) of apps.
This infographic from Paris-based Social Media Agency KRDS presents us with some cool stats on the top instant message apps around the globe. Some interesting facts:
- 1.48 billion people in China use messaging apps
- 90% of Brazil mobile users communicate via messaging apps
- The Cummulative Loss of mobile operators tops 23 billion dollars!
Also Read: There’s Something About Viber
Have a look (Click to enlarge)
- Facebook’s Updated Messenger is an SMS App Killer
- New Twitter App with Photos in DM and Timelines Swipe
- WhatsApp vs. Facebook vs. Twitter
You might also like
More from Other Platforms
YouTube has announced a new supervised account option for parents with children who are too old for YouTube Kids.
Google Calendar is introducing work hour segmentation and repeating out-of-office replies to help you organize your hectic schedule.
Facebook and Instagram have introduced cross-app messaging, letting users from one app find and message you on the other.
'Song Start' is a new digital music education series presented by two visionary females on Spotify’s recently launched Noteable platform.
Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen are the co-hosts of Renegades: Born in the USA, a new exclusive podcast for Spotify.