With the expansion of data cellular networks, we observed an emerging phenomenon; Users started to abandon traditional SMS service and turned to instant messaging through the mobile web channel. This surge culminated around the time iPhone was introduced, leading to the expansion of the Instant Messaging with lots (and we mean lots) of apps.
This infographic from Paris-based Social Media Agency KRDS presents us with some cool stats on the top instant message apps around the globe. Some interesting facts:
- 1.48 billion people in China use messaging apps
- 90% of Brazil mobile users communicate via messaging apps
- The Cummulative Loss of mobile operators tops 23 billion dollars!
Also Read: There’s Something About Viber
Have a look (Click to enlarge)
- Facebook’s Updated Messenger is an SMS App Killer
- New Twitter App with Photos in DM and Timelines Swipe
- WhatsApp vs. Facebook vs. Twitter
You might also like
More from Other Platforms
YouTube changed its terms of service in the US to allow it to show ads on non-YPP channels and not …
A new TikTok feature will help people who have epilepsy filter out photosensitive content that could trigger seizures.
Snapchat has announced a new curated entertainment platform that will surface the most entertaining Snaps all in one place.
YouTube has announced audio ads, its first ad format designed to connect brands with podcast or music listeners.
SoundCloud verified profiles will help users tell who is an authentic artist on the platform, the company announced today.