As we dive deeper into the digital marketing world there some traditional (cue ‘boring’) terms that they may at first seem absurd or outdated, but they are completely indispensable if we want to understand the field and speak the language of the industry – especially if you come from a technical background.
When talking about digital media (and generally in media), we use three categories to describe them: paid, owned and earned. While at first the distinction among them may not be that apparent, the infographic below created by the Media Octopus provides substantial information that will help you understand the difference, so that you can manage them more effectively.
Key Points To Take Away
- – Paid media include or your advertising activities performed through your channels.
- – Paid media are targeted towards audience that is not familiar with your brand and includes traditional ads and social media ads, such as Promoted Tweets.
- – Owned media refers to any communications channel created and controlled by you and your brand.
- – Owned media include people that were reach through paid media and it’s your main channel of communicating your message and forging long-lasting relationships with your audience.
- – Earned media is your online and offline word of mouth. It includes your retweets, likes, reviews and online reputation.
You can see all the details below:
Do you have anything to add to the infographic?
- Mark Zuckerberg Will Answer Your Questions
- Build your own Mercedes-Benz on Instagram
- What If We Printed Off All The Instagram Pics Uploaded In One Year?
More from Experts Talk
Here are just six steps you can take to maximise your time and make sure that your Facebook Ad campaigns …
Buffer and Delmondo analysed 15,000 Instagram Stories from 200 of the world's top brands, just so you won't have to. …