This question has been ringing in the mind of digital marketeers for quite some long. The reasons are obvious; Twitter needs full dedication, as it’s based in real-time interaction. In addition, the 140-character limit requires sharp, to-the point language that will capture audience’s attention.
Also Read: Will Twitter Add Click-to-Call Button?
The following infographic, produced by SMMU to celebrate Twitter’s 8th birthday, attempts to answer this question. Moreover, it provides some very useful information that prove that not all brands are fully acquainted with Twitter‘s functionalities and solutions for advertisers.
The aforementioned statement could surely explain why the social network is struggling to allocate revenue and its bumpy performance across the stock price chart. While Twitter has expanded its ad suite and experiments with new solutions for publishers and brands, it still hasn’t captured the interest of advertising houses.
Key points to remember
- – Over 45% of brands claim that the main problem they face is that they can’t measure ROI accurately. Could this be an idea for further development on Twitter‘s side?
- – Although Vine is owned by the social network, it remains widely underutilized. Moreover, most brands use Twitter for publishing content, rather than engaging in conversations (14,5%)
- – Over 90% percent of brands have not used Twitter‘s paid services.
- – Twitter is still a relatively new entry in the digital marketing field for brands, with most of them using it between 2 and 3 years.
Have a look and share your thoughts in the comments below:
- Photos Just Got More Social on Twitter
- Twitter Experiments With Single Tap Video Playback
- [Infographic] Facebook or Twitter?
You might also like
More from Twitter
A Dutch hacker claims he successfully accessed Donald Trump's Twitter account, simply by guessing his password (and you would have …
WordPress.com announced a new feature that lets you share entire blog posts as Twitter threads, helping you amplify your content …
In its effort to protect critical dialogue on its platform, Twitter is announcing several new product and enforcement updates.
Twitter is rolling out an update that provides more context for trending topics, a feature that has been heavily used …
Twitter worked with MAGNA Global and IPG Media Lab to find out how its various video ad formats can be …