2013 will probably be remembered as the year of Twitter. Its successful IPO just a few days ago will surely play a big part in Twitter history, but it is also the stats that will make this year very special for Twitter. For example, did you know that 97% of brands are now tweeting worldwide? The following infographic by My Clever Agency shows some amazing usage stats:
- 97% of brands tweet in 2013, compared to 90% in 2012 and 62% in 2011.
- Most brands tweet via Twitter web interface (30%) or HootSuite (18%). 38% of brands never use the web interface at all.
- Tweets with media (photo/video) received 3-4 times more engagement than those without.
- The top 10 most followed brands on Twitter tweet every 6-20 minutes, although none made the list of most engaged brands.
- 63% of brands have multiple accounts, a 28% increase since 2012. One account usually for customer service and another for company news and announcements. The number one brand is Dell with 44 accounts!
- 69% of brands use twitter for both broadcasting and engagement.
- US brands tweet on average 221 times a week.
- Get More Great (Real) Twitter Followers
- WhatsApp vs. Facebook vs. Twitter
- The 7 Archetypes of Twitter Users
More from Twitter
Twitter has made its in-stream video ads product available to advertisers in the US and 11 other global markets through …
Not even a week has passed since GDPR came into force, and it's affecting quite a few Twitter users who …
Twitter is introducing election labels for candidates who are running for office in the 2018 U.S. midterm general election.