2013 will probably be remembered as the year of Twitter. Its successful IPO just a few days ago will surely play a big part in Twitter history, but it is also the stats that will make this year very special for Twitter. For example, did you know that 97% of brands are now tweeting worldwide? The following infographic by My Clever Agency shows some amazing usage stats:
- 97% of brands tweet in 2013, compared to 90% in 2012 and 62% in 2011.
- Most brands tweet via Twitter web interface (30%) or HootSuite (18%). 38% of brands never use the web interface at all.
- Tweets with media (photo/video) received 3-4 times more engagement than those without.
- The top 10 most followed brands on Twitter tweet every 6-20 minutes, although none made the list of most engaged brands.
- 63% of brands have multiple accounts, a 28% increase since 2012. One account usually for customer service and another for company news and announcements. The number one brand is Dell with 44 accounts!
- 69% of brands use twitter for both broadcasting and engagement.
- US brands tweet on average 221 times a week.
- Get More Great (Real) Twitter Followers
- WhatsApp vs. Facebook vs. Twitter
- The 7 Archetypes of Twitter Users
You might also like
More from Twitter
Twitter is reportedly working on the rollout of Emoji reactions and a new downvote button, and no, still not an …
Twitter has begun testing a new way to let you watch YouTube videos directly in the timeline, without having to …
Twitter has added support for multiple security keys on its app, and will soon letting you link more than one …
Twitter is bringing its audio conversation feature Twitter Spaces to Android, while Clubhouse remains iOS only for the moment.
Following the rollout of Fleets in November, Twitter is now expanding functionality with stickers and Twemojis in Japan.
Twitter announced its first-ever paid product, called "Super Follow" which will let some creators ask users to pay to access …