We often write about how not to forget the “social” in social media marketing. Well this time, we will look into how to remember that social media marketing is before all about “marketing.”
Yes, unless you are a good samaritan, your social media marketing efforts should aim at turning users into customers and transforming customers into advocates.
The below infographic from QuickSprout presents a simple but thorough approach on how to generate sales through social media by using the right platforms, measuring impact and realigning your strategy when necessary.
Before we go further, note that when users come to your website from social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter, they might not buy right away. But, as Neil Patel, says, they will come back to make a purchase within a few weeks if they liked what they saw on social media.
Also, keep in mind what Seth Godin once said about “flipping the marketing funnel”:
[quote]Turn strangers into friends, friends into customers, and customers into salespeople.[/quote]
Key Points To Take Away
- – 92% of consumers trust word-of-mouth more than advertising
- – 70% trust online customer reviews
- – Twitter is the leading WOM platform in terms of likelihood to buy or recommend products
Now check out the full infographic brought to us by QuickSprout:
How do you use social media to create leads and transform them into sales?
- What Social Media Marketing Can Do for your Business [Infographic]
- The Rise of Social Media in e-Business [infographic]
- Why Every Business Should Use Facebook
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.