Recruiters use social media to find candidates. This is probably not big news to you. In fact, 73% of recruiters admit to have hired a candidate through social media. What I will remind you of, however, is how 93% of hiring managers will check you out on social media before deciding to offer you the job.
So what do recruiters and hiring managers look for, and more importantly, where do they look? What tactics do they use to track candidates online?
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
Careerglider.com have looked into this matter and combined all their findings in an awesome infographic which could well become a step-by-step guide for candidates looking to make sure their social media presence is an asset rather than a disadvantage.
How Recruiters Use Social Media
- – 93% of recruiters keep tabs on potential candidates using LinkedIn
- – Hiring managers prefer LinkedIn than Facebook to post job offers
- – Recruiters use Twitter to generate referrals and showcase openings
Why You Should Keep A Good Profile
- – 55% of hiring managers have reconsidered a candidate based on their social media profiles
- – 66% of hiring managers are put off by poor grammar and spelling on social media
- – 1 in 6 said that strong political affiliation on social media was a reason not to recruit
How Social Media Facilitates Recruitment
- – Tracking candidates on social decreases the time-to-hire
- – Social media has brought an increase in candidate quality and quantity
- – Online platforms have made it much easier to obtain referrals
What The Future Of Social Recruiting Looks Like
- – 69% of recruiters expect competition to increase in 2015
- – 70% of recruiters plan to increase their investment in social recruiting
- – LinkedIn will remain the number 1 platform for recruiters
Check the complete infographic brought to us by careerglider.com:
- How Negative Social Media Comments Affect Your Employer
- With Facebook At Work, It’s Personal, Not Just Business
- This New Anonymous Social Network Will Revolutionise The Workplace
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.