In the US, Facebook is expanding the scope of Marketplace to help people find the right professional, starting with home services.
Marketplace has changed a lot since it was first introduced. It now has become a convenient alternative to eBay, without ever being able to claim a leading position on the market. Today, Facebook is expanding its offering by adding home services, such as house cleaners, plumbers, and contractors.
Facebook’s new offering comes to answer the needs of users: more people ask for recommendations related to home services on Facebook in the US than any other topic.
And to be clear, Facebook is not going to offer home services directly. The company will be working with industry leaders in the likes of Handy, HomeAdvisor and Porch. However, Marketplace could become your go-to resource to:
- Provide an all-in-one place to complete your next home project — from proposal to completion
- Offer hundreds of thousands of top-rated professionals across the US
- Simplify your decision by showing you professionals’ ratings, reviews, credentials and location
- Make it easy to get a quote: simply describe the project you need help with and send your request to multiple professionals at once
- Easily communicate in real-time with your service professional via Messenger
Home Services are starting to be available on Marketplace today, and will roll out across the US over the coming weeks. There are no plans to introduce the feature outside of the US for the moment.
More from Facebook
Facebook announced it's introducing cost cap, a new bidding type that will help advertisers maximise their cost efficiency by getting …
As part of its overhaul of the design system for its business tools, Facebook is giving Business Manager and Ads …