Are you tired of seeing the same Facebook notifications over and over again? Do you want to receive alerts about other things than who posted on your wall and who liked your pictures? Hang in there, because reports claim that Facebook is planning exciting new things for its notification centre.
Also Read: New LinkedIn Notifications For Pages
According to Mashable, the new notification centre will pull information from various Facebook data centres and will show all notifications in one place. So if you want to see whose birthday it is or what are the events of the day, you should head straight to the globe sign.
The updated notifications tab will feature information from eight different sections:
- – Birthdays, to keep up with your friends’ ages and send them your wishes
- – Life Events, which will show significant events that took place on the same day, some years ago.
- – Nearby places, which show different places you can grab dinner or lunch, depending on the hour of the day.
- – Events which will show upcoming events that you’re attending
- – News Shared Locally, which will fetch a list of the most popular news in the area
- – Trending Topics
- – Today in the Past: Displays past photos or statuses that you liked or shared in the past
- – Nearby Friends, which will help you find your nearby friends (only if they have location services enabled)
According to the same source, the new notification centre will offer its users the option to customise the sections they want to receive alerts from, by opting in or our of each one. Users will also have the ability to explore in depth each group, by clicking on the “See More…” button just below the section box.
This is a great step forward for Facebook, which wants to keep all things that really matter in one place. Users will have the chance to get a glimpse of what’s happening now (Trending Topics) and within proximity (Nearby Friends and Places), while going on trip down the memory lane (Today in the past).
How do you find these new updates?
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
Images courtesy of Mashable.
More from Facebook
Facebook has spent more than $23 million to guarantee Mark Zuckerberg's security in 2020, as revealed by a SEC filing …
Facebook Hotline is a slightly different take on Clubhouse that puts more power in the hands of attendees who can …
The Rise Initiative Facebook began in Brazil to aid ad agency professionals is now expanding to Canada, Italy, Singapore, and …
Netflix Bangers, the Facebook community run by, global publisher LADbible Group, has today hit the milestone of one million members.