Since its launch back in 2006, Twitter has grown to over 200 million monthly active users who have posted more than 170 billion tweets over the last 7 years.
The average user spends a little less than 3 hours per month on the micro-blogging platform and has 208 followers. Of course, 80% of users are using from mobile devices, making it the number 1 social platform in terms of mobile usage.
Through 7 years of data compilation and usage, Twitter can now offer interesting stats which Dashburst has compiled into the following insightful infographic.
- The more you tweet, the less it seems to create engagement from others
- Tweets with images are twice more likely to create engagement
- 63% of brands have more than one active Twitter account
- YouTube has the largest community with 33 million followers
- The $1,000 Promoted Tweet That Complained About @British_Airways On Twitter (And Won)
- Give Your Tweets an Expiration Date with a Simple Hashtag
- Twitter Update Makes it Easier to Follow Conversations
You might also like
More from Twitter
After launching Fleets - its own Stories format - in Brazil and Italy, Twitter has now announced the feature's rollout …
Twitter will reportedly relaunch verification with a new system allowing users to request a verified profile based on a clear …
K-Pop fans are showing their formidable social media power to drown out potential racist posts using the hashtag #whitelivesmatter on …
Twitter is testing a new feature that lets you limit who can reply in public conversations, allowing everyone else to …