Since its launch back in 2006, Twitter has grown to over 200 million monthly active users who have posted more than 170 billion tweets over the last 7 years.
The average user spends a little less than 3 hours per month on the micro-blogging platform and has 208 followers. Of course, 80% of users are using from mobile devices, making it the number 1 social platform in terms of mobile usage.
Through 7 years of data compilation and usage, Twitter can now offer interesting stats which Dashburst has compiled into the following insightful infographic.
- The more you tweet, the less it seems to create engagement from others
- Tweets with images are twice more likely to create engagement
- 63% of brands have more than one active Twitter account
- YouTube has the largest community with 33 million followers
- The $1,000 Promoted Tweet That Complained About @British_Airways On Twitter (And Won)
- Give Your Tweets an Expiration Date with a Simple Hashtag
- Twitter Update Makes it Easier to Follow Conversations
More from Twitter
During a presentation at CES, Twitter revealed a new feature under development that will let users define the organic audience …
In a surprise move, Twitter is removing its Audience Insights page from Twitter Analytics at the end of this month.