Since its launch back in 2006, Twitter has grown to over 200 million monthly active users who have posted more than 170 billion tweets over the last 7 years.
The average user spends a little less than 3 hours per month on the micro-blogging platform and has 208 followers. Of course, 80% of users are using from mobile devices, making it the number 1 social platform in terms of mobile usage.
Through 7 years of data compilation and usage, Twitter can now offer interesting stats which Dashburst has compiled into the following insightful infographic.
- The more you tweet, the less it seems to create engagement from others
- Tweets with images are twice more likely to create engagement
- 63% of brands have more than one active Twitter account
- YouTube has the largest community with 33 million followers
- The $1,000 Promoted Tweet That Complained About @British_Airways On Twitter (And Won)
- Give Your Tweets an Expiration Date with a Simple Hashtag
- Twitter Update Makes it Easier to Follow Conversations
More from Twitter
When features aren't used as often, they get removed. That's exactly what's happening to Twitter Moments.
Twitter has announced that publishers will now be able to monetise their entire global audience through In-Stream video ads, instead …