It’s not just about setting up an account and putting a nice profile picture. As in all things, it’s the small details that make the difference and can transform a simple account to a five star social media account.
All social networks have been going through extensive redesigns and, sometimes, it’s hard to keep track of all the changes. However, there are 7 essential elements that will make your account stand out, while providing useful data for further marketing purposes. Hubspot has released an easy-to-follow guide about everything you need to do to have an impeccable social media account. Print it, pin it and keep it handy.
Key Points to Take Away
- – You want people to find you easily, so use your company logo as your avatar and company name as username. If it’s taken or just to long, consider changing it a bit, without making it unrecognisable.
- – Depending on the social network, you should post frequently. A proposed posting frequency is 5-20 times per day for Twitter, 5-10 times per week for Facebook and once a business day for LinkedIn.
- – It’s not only about posting though. Keep track of followers’ interactions and respond to them in a timely manner. This way you will cultivate engagement and trust. Make sure you are really quick and helpful when it comes to complaints. In addition, do perform a quick check on your replies, in order to identify possible influencers.
- – Do mention the right users. This way they will be notified and you will receive some very welcome internet appreciation.
- – Use high quality images, optimised for web use. Consult with an experienced web designer to learn more about picture formats and resolutions. In addition, you can always have a look at our ultimate size chart for social media, as well as the importance of having high quality images in your social media streams.
- – Finally, it’s a good idea to append tracking parameters to the URLs you share. This way you can check who visited what, through which channels and the conversion that took place.
Have a look below. Is there anything you would like to add?
- Facebook To Create Photostream of Your Vacations
- 10 Tips To Create A Killer LinkedIn Profile
- 22 Tips To Maintain Your Facebook Reach
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.