It’s not just about setting up an account and putting a nice profile picture. As in all things, it’s the small details that make the difference and can transform a simple account to a five star social media account.
All social networks have been going through extensive redesigns and, sometimes, it’s hard to keep track of all the changes. However, there are 7 essential elements that will make your account stand out, while providing useful data for further marketing purposes. Hubspot has released an easy-to-follow guide about everything you need to do to have an impeccable social media account. Print it, pin it and keep it handy.
Key Points to Take Away
- – You want people to find you easily, so use your company logo as your avatar and company name as username. If it’s taken or just to long, consider changing it a bit, without making it unrecognisable.
- – Depending on the social network, you should post frequently. A proposed posting frequency is 5-20 times per day for Twitter, 5-10 times per week for Facebook and once a business day for LinkedIn.
- – It’s not only about posting though. Keep track of followers’ interactions and respond to them in a timely manner. This way you will cultivate engagement and trust. Make sure you are really quick and helpful when it comes to complaints. In addition, do perform a quick check on your replies, in order to identify possible influencers.
- – Do mention the right users. This way they will be notified and you will receive some very welcome internet appreciation.
- – Use high quality images, optimised for web use. Consult with an experienced web designer to learn more about picture formats and resolutions. In addition, you can always have a look at our ultimate size chart for social media, as well as the importance of having high quality images in your social media streams.
- – Finally, it’s a good idea to append tracking parameters to the URLs you share. This way you can check who visited what, through which channels and the conversion that took place.
Have a look below. Is there anything you would like to add?
- Facebook To Create Photostream of Your Vacations
- 10 Tips To Create A Killer LinkedIn Profile
- 22 Tips To Maintain Your Facebook Reach
More from Experts Talk
Buffer and Delmondo analysed 15,000 Instagram Stories from 200 of the world's top brands, just so you won't have to. …
A recent Pew Research Center survey has found that over 60% of users have negative experiences with content on YouTube.