Social media is a valuable weapon in any event organizer’s arsenal. Whether it’s a conference, seminar, concert, sporting event, fundraiser or club, social should be at the heart of how the event is organized and promoted and it can play a vital role in encouraging engagement on the day itself and maintaining buzz long after it has finished.
A new infographic from Eventility, an online platform for event organizers, highlights 18 incredibly easy ways to do this.
Organizing an event
1. Collaborate with other event organizers
2. Collect RSVP’s online
3. Involve potential attendees in the organization process
4. Find suppliers using online reviews
Promoting an event
5. Create event listings on social networks
6. Integrate social media with registration
7. Use a hashtag
8. Create promotional videos
9. Offer prizes to the most engaged attendees
10. Live-stream the event to reach a global audience
11. Display Twitter walls
12. Encourage attendees to check-in at different locations
13. Provide customer support
Extending the lifetime value
14. Upload the highlights to YouTube
15. Share presentations and write blog posts
16. Collect photos and showcase your work on Pinterest
17. Monitor the buzz and use it to collect feedback
18. Keep your online community engaged all year round
By utilizing these simple tips, event organizers can make their events far more discoverable, reach a far greater audience, enhance the attendee experience and improve customer loyalty.
More from Experts Talk
Buffer and Delmondo analysed 15,000 Instagram Stories from 200 of the world's top brands, just so you won't have to. …
A recent Pew Research Center survey has found that over 60% of users have negative experiences with content on YouTube.