You have a nice new shiny Marketing Strategy in place, you have a Facebook page and you had the students show you how to sell on Twitter. Well, I think we will agree that might just not be enough, right?
Here are 15 realisms of Modern Marketing in 2015:
- 1. Many marketing departments focus on input, you need to focus on output. Marketing “fluff” is interesting, but we need leads.
- 2. You really need to invest in Marketing Automation, with the ROI stacking up, it really is best practices nowadays
- 3. When you implement Marketing automation the trick is to focus on the buyer journey not how you get rid (spam) of your latest white paper.
- 4. Do people actually read your white Papers?
- 5. In fact do you know if anybody reads any of the content you create?
- 6. What are the market influencers saying? Does your content resonate with that?
- 7. What are your customers saying on Social Media, can you engage with them?
- 8. Have you left Social Media to the Intern?
- 9. I know the buzzwords make you feel clever but I cannot understand them nor can anybody else.
- 10. When was the last time you updated your value propositions, come on be honest are they really unique or are they “me too.”
- 11. Are you aligned to sales?
- 12. Have you segmented your customers by industry and customer persona’s? Have you aligned your assets to those persona’s
- 13. Do you understand the business drivers of your customers?
- 14. Have you broken down and mapped out your customers buying process?
- 15. Customers now know more about your products and services than you do. They have been online, researched what they want and have come up with a short list. All without talking to you. How do you know you will be short listed?
- Social Media Management: Hire or Outsource?
- Community Manager – The Swiss Army Knife of Digital
- Be The World’s Greatest Social Media Marketer
More from Guest Bloggers
Do you know how to avoid negative brand associations when you use Facebook Ads and Google Ads? Here are the …