So you’ve got online albums stuffed with filtered shots. How do you make those memories tangible? Read on.
Instagram is the easy way to create dreamy camera-phone photos in a flash. The filters work their magic so well that nearly every picture comes out looking like a keepsake. Making those memories permanent can be just as easy with these tools for turning Instagram photos into lasting works of art.
- Printstagram—The company offers multiple ways to print Instagram photos, but the 20-by-40-inch posters will make a stunning addition to a living room wall. Between 50-400 photos are arranged in a clean grid on thick archival paper for $25. Fill a Tiny Book ($10 for a set of three) with miniature prints of favorite photos, or the Polaroid-style miniprints ($12 for 48 prints, pictured above) have wide enough borders to double as note cards.
- PostalPix—Use this iPhone app to print four-inch squares from your Instagram library for only 30 cents each. Other sizes are also available, including two-, five-, and eight-inch-square prints. Fast shipping, a matte finish, professional-quality resolution, and the convenience of mobile shopping make this our first stop for basic Instagram prints.
- CanvasPop—Those filtered photos are worthy of an at-home gallery. Create a high-resolution 12- or 20-inch-square stretched canvas print for $40 and $114, respectively. Buy multiple canvases for an artful wall vignette.
- Blurb—Haven’t looked at a photo album in a while? Blurb brings back what now seems like an antiquated way of sharing photos with a modern, Instagram twist. Softcover books with 60 pages of Instagram photos run $19, and a hardcover is $32.
- Artifact Uprising—For a stunning addition to your home, we love the options from Artifact Uprising, which incorporates reclaimed pinewood from its own Colorado backyard. Clipboard calendars ($25, pictured above) with a print for each month are serene for a workstation, and the wood block plus 12 prints ($22) creates a changeable photo display.
- Instagoodies—Print favorite Instagram photos into books of one-inch stickers ($14). Attach stickers to the computer monitor, phone case, or wallet for a quick flash of happiness.
- Boo Box by Hatchcraft—For photos worthy of the mantelpiece, go for the Boo Box, which places four-inch Instagram photos in bamboo shadowbox frames beginning at $20.
- Stickygram—Take a cue from your mom, and turn your refrigerator into bragging grounds for your works of art. For $15, Stickygram makes a set of nine photo magnets from your favorite images.
- ImageSnap—This service crafts ceramic tiles ranging from two-inch ($4) to 12-inch ($35) squares. Tiles can be installed with mortar and grout just like normal tiles, though the tiny sizes make for perfect refrigerator magnets.
- Artflakes—Images get sticky with this company that takes your regular ol’ Instagram pics and whips them into vinyl four-inch stickers (pictured above). Buy them up in packs of 10 ($21), 25 ($42), or 50 ($63).
- Casetagram—Create a custom case for your device of choice — iPhone 4-5, iPad and iPad Mini, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S II-IV, Galaxy Note, and Nexus 4 — ranging in price from $35-$55. Customize your collage and layout, and then Casetagram prints them on a white or black case.
- Postagram—A fun way to show people you’re thinking of them, Postagram mails a postcard with pop-out Instagram photo and message to friends for $1 each. A thoughtful alternative to a birthday ecard!
- Stitchtagram—Now that your walls are filled with Instagram photos, cuddle up to memories with a 15-inch linen-cotton-blend pillow ($68) made from account images.
With so many resources to print Instagram photos, you could easily decorate an entire house with iPhone memories. How do you share your mobile-phone photos?
This article was originally published on ReadWrite
More from Instagram
Instagram was hacked yesterday. Many users found themselves locked out of their accounts. Here are the steps you need to …
Instagram Polls are already all the rage on Stories. Now you can also send polls to your friends in private …