She comes with over ten years’ experience in digital content, social media and editorial production, with a proven track record of implementing hugely successful content and social media strategies and managing teams of content experts.
So let’s get to it!
1. Which is your favourite social media platform, and why?
2. What social media platform is used most by your brand/agency?
3. In your opinion, what is the future of social media and what platforms will lead the way?
4. Tell us about one social media campaign you liked most this year.
I really love Mothercare’s #BodyProudMums campaign that features realistic, joyful images of women who have given birth, something that is rarely portrayed online.
5. What about the latest campaign your brand or agency was involved in?
6. What is the most important thing brands and agencies need to keep in mind, in order to build a successful social media campaign?
7. In your opinion, what is the most important KPI you look for to determine success on social media?
8. What will be the role of social media in the marketing mix of the future?
9. What would you say the biggest obstacle faced in social media?
In the past few months, we’ve seen many examples of the dangers of social networks. From the tragic death of 14-year-old Molly Russell who committed suicide after accessing deeply troubling content about self-harm to the Momo Challenge which supposedly scared kids into acts of self-harm, until it was debunked as a hoax. More recently the horrific scenes of the mass murder in New Zealand were streamed live. All these events highlight that brands and social networks need to accept there are problems and commit to tackling them.
10. What is one piece of advice you would give someone just starting in the industry?
11. In your opinion, what ad format will lead the future of social media marketing?
12. Finally, what is a ‘Fun Fact’ we wouldn’t find on your social media profiles?
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.