Please welcome this week’s 12 Questions Expert Spotlight guest, VP & Head Of Content at Whistle Sports, Joe Caporoso.
Joe is also the owner of Turn On Media LLC, and has both launched and continues to run TurnOnTheJets.com. Finally, he’s a regular contributor to Ad Week, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, Huffington Post, The New York Times, and The Fifth Down Blog.
1. Which is your favorite social media platform, and why?
2. What social media platform is used most by your brand/agency?
3. In your opinion, what is the future of social media and what platforms will lead the way?
4. Tell us about one social media campaign you liked most this year.
5. What about the latest campaign your brand or agency was involved in?
6. What is the most important thing brands and agencies need to keep in mind, in order to build a successful social media campaign?
7. In your opinion, what is the most important KPI you look for to determine success on social media?
8. What will be the role of social media in the marketing mix of the future?
9. What would you say the biggest obstacle faced in social media?
10. What is one piece of advice you would give someone just starting in the industry?
Media companies are always looking for people who can do one (or two) of three things with video. People who can produce it, market it and sell it. If you can shoot or edit unique video content, find a way to bring views and engagement to it on social platforms or convince a brand to buy into it, you will be able to find a home sooner rather than later.
11. In your opinion, what ad format will lead the future of social media marketing?
Companies that understand organic integration into the native features of the platforms and trust media companies to integrate brands into already established formats and franchises will find the most success.
12. Finally, what is a ‘Fun Fact’ we wouldn’t find on your social media profiles?
You might also like
More from Experts Talk
Henk Campher, VP of Corporate Marketing at Hootsuite, talks about how brands can create meaning in an uncertain world.