What is the age of social media users? The answer comes from Statista, a database of statistics and studies. The following chart, found on Mashable shows some very interesting trends. Let’s have a look:
Important things that are worth pointing out:
- Facebook is the second social network in terms of growth in all age groups. This could signify a “plateau” in its development in the near future.
- Twitter is the leading social media network in age group 25-34, followed closely by Linkedin.
- Linkedin is the network of choice for ages between 35-44 and 45-54, which also coincides with the periods during which career changes and establishment happen.
- Facebook seems to loose its connection with young adults and show a significant rise in ages 45-54, as people are getting more and more accustomed with technology and social media terminology.
- 2/3 of Twitter users are between 25 and 44, which may be a sign that the social network is not yet established in young ages.
What do you think of this analysis? Do you agree?
- Naughty or Nice? The Answer is in Your Tweets
- Sir Lord Darth Vader and Star Wars Join Instagram
- How to Effectively Engage with Social Leads on Twitter