Welcome to the latest edition of this week’s top social media trends! Facebook is rolling out its Snapchat clone to more countries, WhatsApp is changing its mind about it and Pinterest makes Lens available to users on iOS and Android.
It’s becoming a common topic: Facebook – or one of the apps it owns – launches a Snapchat-like story feature. Last week it was Messenger Day, this week it’s Facebook itself. But things don’t always work as planned, even for the Internet Giant.
This week, following a huge social media backlash, WhatsApp took a step back and decided to NOT completely replace text status updates with its new Story feature. Listening to users? Kudos, WhatsApp!
What I got really excited about this week, however, is Pinterest Lens. The company started to make its Lens Beta available to users on iOS and Android. I tested it, and it’s fantastic!
Check out more super cool new features and top trends from this past week:
- • Facebook Is Rolling Out Its New Snapchat Clone To More Countries
- • WhatsApp Will Keep Its Original Text Status Updates After All
- • Time To Update Your Facebook And Messenger Apps
- • You Will Never Miss The End Of A Facebook Video Again
- • Pinterest Makes Lens Beta Available To Users On iOS And Android
Tune in next Sunday for a new edition of our weekly social media trends! Enjoy the week ahead!
Check out our selection of books for March.