The Facebook newsfeed has become an over-populated “market” where more and more brands come to promotes themselves everyday. This fast growing competition has had an obvious consequence: organic distribution of content has fallen.
In a statement, Facebook explained:
Of course this does not mean it is the end of successful marketing on Facebook. It simply means we will have to think differently. Things have changed on Facebook in 2014, now marketers must change too.
Crowdly, an online marketing platform that connect advocates and brands, created an infographic that summarised everything that has changed on Facebook in 2014 and everything marketers ought to know about Facebook in 2015.
Here is our take on what is really important to remember:
Facebook Is Getting Even Bigger
- – Facebook is the largest online community with 1.35 billion users
- – 67% of the US Internet users are on Facebook
- – 66% of all sharing on iPhones takes place on Facebook
Major Changes on Facebook in 2014
- – Premium video ads started on Facebook back in March
- – In April, Facebook introduced Business Manager, a tool for agencies
- – Facebook pages got a new simpler 1-column layout in June
- – Videos started to autoplay in September and video count was introduced
- – In December, Facebook added a “Call-to-action” button for pages
- – In 2014, Facebook put an end to Like-Gating, the most-used “shorcut” to gain likes
What You Should Focus On This Year
- – To be successful and reach your audience on Facebook, you will have to consider ads
- – Custom and lookalike audiences will be a major tool for targeting optimization
- – Brands will rely on Remarketing (or retargeting) to follow customers in the purchase decision
- – Mobile payments and e-commerce will finally arrive on Facebook, Be ready.
Now check the brautifully design infographic by Crowdly for the full picture:
- The 4 C’s Of Great Twitter Marketing
- 15 Realisms Of Modern Marketing
- How To Create Social Media Campaigns That Drive Results In 2015
More from Facebook
Ahead of Gamescom later this week, Facebook is announcing that its Level Up Program will now be expanded to Germany, …
Facebook's birthday fundraisers feature turned one this week, and it's not hard to see how much a success it has …
Why use still images for your Facebook ads when you can make a few simple changes and turn them into …