We often talk about the “right” image size for Facebook, but we almost always forget to mention that 99% of Facebook user impression now occur on the NewsFeed. Nevertheless, web designers and community managers insist on making their pages look good visually.
I am not against that, I love a good looking, well structured page too. But since most of our followers will see our images on the NewsFeed, we should really take this into account when creating visuals.
Key points to remember
- – The optimized image for Newsfeed is 1200×1000 pixels
- – The “square” image (1200×1200 pixels) looks best on pages
- – All “non optimized” images will be left-aligned on the NewsFeed
Now check out both infographic to see how the same images appear on both the Facebook NewsFeed and on Pages.
Facebook Images – NewsFeed
Facebook Images – Pages
- Facebook Still Is Unbeatable Among Young Adults
- The Survival Guide To Plummeting Facebook Reach
- New Admin Roles on Facebook Pages
More from Facebook
As part of its Terragraph Project, Facebook is teaming up with chip-manufacturer Qualcomm to bring high-speed wireless internet to dense urban areas.
Facebook has announced a partnership with the Atlantic Council to help identify election-related threats and disinformation campaigns from around the world.
Facebook Stories now has over 150 daily active users, and with this milestone, the company is also starting to test Facebook …