Lights, camera… fashion!
While designers gear up to steal the show at this week’s Fashion Week here in London, the real success will be in this year’s social media strategies for #LFW.
Also Read: Fun Pop Mashup of the Week #41
But seriously, total social media domination is on the horizon; with both the shows and the designers themselves taking to a variety of social media platforms, to interact with their audiences and break records.
From special promotions, discounts for your inner shopaholic, events, live feeds, and more London Fashion Week 2015 is here.
And this year… they are taking SoHo!
If you like our stories, there is an easy way to stay updated:
The latest hot commodity this fashion week season is Periscope, a live broadcasting app that officially launched in March 2015.
Its latest collaboration? Designer Ralph Lauren and Periscope teamed up for early September’s NYFW #FashionUnfiltered to stream his show live from NY, in London at Piccadilly Circus – and it was a huge success! So much so that you can bet something new is in the works for LFW – a Hunter Boots collaboration to be exact!
However, Periscope and Hunter have yet to release any information regarding their upcoming happening, but do promise an industry first to be announced before the start of the Hunter Original LFW show.
Like the Periscope and Hunter collaboration, most of the campaigns remain under wraps until the start of the shows September 18th, but you can bet they have tons of expectations to exceed. And while most of the campaigns remain a mystery, the British Fashion Council (BFC), LFW and their sponsors including their main sponsor, Sunglass Hut have their campaigns in full swing.
In fact, the BFC wants you to document your LFW experience on social media via the perfect selfie hashtags #LFW and #GoldenSquare; while Sunglass Hut sports this year’s theme #PunkItUp and their own inner circle LFW website featuring an inside look at the UK’s biggest fashion event of the year.
As for other digital campaigns that are all set to keep us in the know during fashion week:
- – Launched in 2011 Blippar, the visual discovery app, will be keeping us up to date with the LFW events taking place throughout the city by the snap of a picture.
- – Mark & Spencer will be collaborating with Fashion Foie Gras blogger, Emily Johnston in a series of daily video highlights from the LFW shows to start September 19th.
- – Want access to the show, but can’t get there? No problem, BBC iPlayer is teaming up with model Abbey Clancy, singer Lianne La Havas and fashion vlogger Grace Victory to provide you with a three part exclusive look at LFW.
- -Ιf you’re one of the lucky show goers American Express is providing you with a new easy way to navigate the show. Got any questions? Tweet #insideLFW or check out the new digital feature walls in the BFC Show Space and in Golden Square for the latest on events and show schedules.
Those out to break records this season:
- – Companies such as Burberry, Vivienne Westwood and Topshop hope to dominate the social media outlets once again.
- – While in February brands like Paul Smith substantially grew their following, Burberry had no competition. In Facebook Interactions alone, Burberry had nearly 40,000 interactions during LFW in February, followed by Vivienne Westwood’s 12,000.
See Socialbaker’s findings below.
Stay tuned more on London Fashion week’s social media take over here at WeRSM.