LinkedIn knows that many of its users are coming onto the platform from their mobile device. Actually, more than half of LinkedIn Inbox pageviews are currently happening on mobile devices according to the company itself. So it seems natural that LinkedIn will now make Sponsored InMail on mobile.
Reaching members directly on their mobile creates a great opportunity for advertisers to reach LinkedIn members where they engage the most, in their inbox and on their mobile phones.
But what are Sponsored InMails exactly?
According to LinkedIn itself, sponsored InMail provides a powerful vehicle for marketers to reach targeted audiences with personalized content on LinkedIn. That means that marketers can break through the limits of traditional email marketing and bring much more to the recipient in order to:
- – Generate high quality leads
- – Boost awareness and conversions with targeted product and service promotions
- – Promote relevant content such as a infographics, white papers and industry reports
- – Send personalized invitations to events and conferences
- – Build community by driving followers and group membership on LinkedIn
In his blogpost Dan Gonzalez explained why InMail have such high value for advertisers:
I think this a great move by LinkedIn and indeed a great opportunity for marketers to deliver great personalized content right on a user’s mobile device. What do you think?
- LinkedIn Revamps “Who’s Viewed Your Profile Section”
- 3 Tips to Win New Customers With LinkedIn
- 5 Strategies to Double Your LinkedIn Connections Organically