You already know them; but we bet you didn’t know they also apply in Social Media. Yet, ReallyB2B is here to explain in a “biblical” infographic how gluttony, lust, greed, sloth, pride, wrath and envy translate in (bad) social media practices.
Also Read: The Dos and Don’ts of Social Media in 2014
- Gluttony: Don’t share every piece of content you find interesting. You will get tiring and we all know what this really means.
- Lust: Every marketer wants more followers, engagement and leads from their social media profiles. However, keep your eyes on the goal, which is no other than sharing useful content for your community. The rest will come.
- Greed: To avoid keeping things for yourself, you have to learn how to share. The rule of thumb for social media posting is 80% sharing helpful content posted by others, versus 20% posting original or self-promotional updates. Keep this in mind.
- Sloth: Do you want to run a successful social media campaign? Then you have to commit yourself to it – this campaign ain’t gonna run itself!
- Wrath: Focus on the positive experience of your (future) customers. Keep the negative feelings away when you’re interacting!
- Envy: Every social media page / account has its own attributes and focuses on different goals. Try not to be jealous, instead keep your mindset concentrated on how you can improve your social media presence.
- Pride: You are only as good as your last follower and last lead conversion. True Story.
Have a look below:
Do you agree with the aforementioned points? Share your thoughts on the comments section!