2013 will probably be remembered as the year of Twitter. Its successful IPO just a few days ago will surely play a big part in Twitter history, but it is also the stats that will make this year very special for Twitter. For example, did you know that 97% of brands are now tweeting worldwide? The following infographic by My Clever Agency shows some amazing usage stats:
- 97% of brands tweet in 2013, compared to 90% in 2012 and 62% in 2011.
- Most brands tweet via Twitter web interface (30%) or HootSuite (18%). 38% of brands never use the web interface at all.
- Tweets with media (photo/video) received 3-4 times more engagement than those without.
- The top 10 most followed brands on Twitter tweet every 6-20 minutes, although none made the list of most engaged brands.
- 63% of brands have multiple accounts, a 28% increase since 2012. One account usually for customer service and another for company news and announcements. The number one brand is Dell with 44 accounts!
- 69% of brands use twitter for both broadcasting and engagement.
- US brands tweet on average 221 times a week.
- Get More Great (Real) Twitter Followers
- WhatsApp vs. Facebook vs. Twitter
- The 7 Archetypes of Twitter Users
More from Twitter
As Twitter looks back at the gaming conversations that took place on its platform throughout 2017, it's easy to see …
Twitter Estimates That 1.4 Million Users Interacted With Tweets From Russia’s Internet Research Agency
Twitter has doubled its estimation of users who interacted with propaganda Tweets sent out by Russia's Internet Research Agency (IRA) …